I typically drink very seldom and not much when I do. Well with the socializing over Thanksgiving weekend I had five drinks (four beers) and I was an emotional wreck for a few days. I wondered if it had anything to do with the thyroid issues. Has anyone experienced this?
So the question is, do you drink? Feel free to leave comments about what happens.
I do drink. . .not everyday,mostly on weekends, but I do go out with friends and as a matter of fact am having a glass of wine now.
I find that it doesn't really affect me any differently than it did before my TT.
I drink occasionally & prefer to have a few rather than alot. I partied like there was no tomorrow in my 20s & couldn't tolerate alcohol now like I used to back then - but I think that comes with age, abstinence & a healthier lifestyle, rather than my thyroid or medications. I've been an early morning shift worker for the past 11.5 years & for the last 4 years I've been a sole parent with a young child - so I'm too tired to drink most nights!!!!!
I go out weekends and would have a good few. But since I got ill I av only bn out once and dat was for my boyfriends 21st! Drank a bit more dan I would usually and suffered big time the nx day, Iv decided Im off the drink (except for special ocasions) Until I get sorted. I want to give the meds the best chance to wrk!
I use to be able to drink without a problem until this thyroid nightmare. My body cannot seem to metabolize the alcohol properly anymore. I think it has been maybe 2 yrs since I have had a drink. I miss the occasional glass of wine or beer. I use to love my baileys and coffee in the winter at Christmas time.
I drink...rose wine...but since the old butterfly gland became mince meat...I just can't seem to tolerate it any more. I still drink... kinda fun to get all heady and silly after just one glass...used to take me 6 to get to that point! I also cut back as I noticed two things, 1/ there are 96 calories a glass of wine...oooh not so good for the weight...and 2/ my liver function tests, although the levels of things are in the low normal which is good, I do notice that when I don't drink at all, and then get a blood test, they drop right down....so I think that it is a good idea for me not to have too much alcohol...in case with this dumb auto-immune disease I set off something I really would rather not have!
Having said all that...Cheers! Bottom's up!
Wish I still could - it was the only thing that would dull the joint and muscle pain. Unfortunately the pancreatitis caused by the surgery to repair the scar tissue in my bile ducts (thanks RAI) ended that. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy the never-ending saga of cancer complications. I miss lemon drop martini's :-(
I pretty much quit drinking when I quit smoking in Aug 07, but I do have a drink or 2 about every 2-3 months. It doesn't really affect me any more on the synthroid than it did before - but I wake up tired enough as it is without adding a hangover to it!!
Yes I do drink. Not just beers and wines. I drink mostly for pain control now. I used to be pretty wild years ago though. It's about the only thing that truely helps, plus then I can sleep better minus the waking up for a drink of ice water and P breaks. LOL
The only thing I've noticed that has changed is I don't drink as many drinks anymore and the edema (silly puddy legs) seems to get worse if I drink too much.
Sometimes in the morning my heart pounds very hard after drinking but that has happened to me long before I started taking thyroid pills.
Posted a few hours ago and then decided that this would be one of those rare days then I would have a couple. Well, low and behold the dear hubby gets home and all of a sudden everything that's ever happened during our marriage (41 yrs) is my fault because I had a couple - so guess that's the end of my drinking!!
I go out with friends once or twice a week and have 2 or 3 beers. Doesn't bother me at all except for when I'm hypo in preparation for scan or treatment. When I'm hypo (TSH at least over 40), I can't even finish one beer.
I'm almost 20, last summer I had thyroid cancer and had my thyroid completely removed. I'm on synthroid. I'm in college so naturally there's alcohol. Everytime I drink hard alcohol I vomit 2-3 times the next morning. Could this be because of my synthroid/thyroid?
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.