Thyroid Disorders Community
Do you find Nature Throid's conversion cart 'a little weak&#x...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Do you find Nature Throid's conversion cart 'a little weak' ?

How many of you have found Nature Throid's conversion chart to be a little weak in comparison to your optimal working dose of other natural dessicated thyroid meds?

Keep in mind, I'm talking about good results, just maybe not as effective per grain compared to others that worked for you. The new armour formulation may not really count here, due to its widely varied results. But old Armour, the recent US generics (now shut down) and ERFA Canadian are comparable. So, do you need more grains of NT?

For you 'lurkers' that only read here and can participate in answering from your personal NT experience, now's your chance. Look at it this way, there most likely will be more NT users wondering this as it becomes more wildly used.

Yes! It has taken 1 grain more of Nature-Throid (3 grains) to get similar results symptomaticly (no hypo.symptoms) and similar blood levels,  that we had on 2 grains of the "old" (before reformulation) Armour. My daughter takes 1 grain of Nature-throid every four hours (7:00am,11:00am, 3:000pm). It has been 5 months since switching to it (Nature-Throid) from the "new" (reformulated) Armour and she is now doing very well again! Yea!!!!
what is nature throid? is it perscription? I'm currently on Synthroid, and since I was switched from Dilantin to Keppra my doc has reduced my Synthroid more and more and I'm now tired all the time, and gaining weight alot,  nearly 30 pounds since the switch to Keppra a yr ago
NT is perscription hypo thyroid medicine. US made and marketed natural dessicated thyroid tablets very similar to the old Armour but with fillers less likely to cause absorbency and other issues. Powdered pig thyroid glands - medical grade and measured in grains like old medicine. Contains hormones T3, T4 and others. Some of us need additional T3, most do not.

Synthroid is a synthetic T4 only thyroid med, thus the name they chose.

"nearly 30 pounds since the switch to Keppra a yr ago" - I'am not familiar with this, best if you start a new thread asking about it.
Thank you for the information, the Keppra/Dilantin was just a background thing.. not really necessary for you to answer that part :)
YES!! - yes.. and yes. for me - upping one whole grain was necessary. Now this ERFA for me - I am at about a 1/2 grain up from my original dose of Armour thyroid - before Armour switched to junk!
Thanks all; NT feels good but a little 'weak' per grain. I like that you can still split it to. You all confirmed this.

ERFA must be just like my old Time Caps Labs dessicated. Took just a little more than Armour, but not as much as NT.

TCL worked well for me and it was so cheap, to bad the FDA beat them to a halt.

Is the Naturethroid cheaper then the ERFA?  if not, why wouldn't everyone just stay on ERFA?  and I called every pharmacy in my small county and not one of them have NT.  I am kinda scared to take something from out of the country.  
"Is the Naturethroid cheaper then the ERFA?"  -Yes and no. ERFA is available from online Canadian pharmas that ship to US. Prices on anything online vary from place to place.

NT is most likely priced very close from any US pharma (at least in the past). I found it a just little $ more than Armour.

"if not, why wouldn't everyone just stay on ERFA?"  -Have you ever ordered and tried to get a doctor to fax across the boarder ?- this is for some reason, beyond there comfort zone. Its best if your not adjusting dose, and order a lot at once, you pay shipping too.

ERFA is made in Canada. This is what Canadians take for dessicated. Why be scared. Ever have Canadian beer? Its not scary either, but some American beer is.

To locate NT call the # on their website. You can do that.
Acutally ERFA is made in Thailand ... :{

No reason to be scared to try it - They are regulated too - only in Canada guidelines - not US as we are used to.

and really - (only ME saying) after all there is and knowing the "protection" we get here in the states - ha - ERFA thyroid is pretty good to me.
pretty soon I'll be singing their country's anthem!

Oh Canada!! - Oh Canada...
So I am assuming that this ERFA is the same thing as thialands- throid S??
  Does the doctor have to fax the script or can we just get the script and fax it ourselves??   does it take weeks??  and also about the dosage: if you take 1 grain of NT you should be able to take 1 grain of ERFA/throid-S , it will just be abit stronger?  thanks for your help.
ok one more thing,  I just looked up on canadian pharmacy .com for ERFA and nothing came up.  what is the site you have?  thanx