Thyroid Disorders Community
Do you think I need to be on thyroid medication?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Do you think I need to be on thyroid medication?  If so, which would you suggest and what dosage?

I am currently on no thyroid medication.  Here are my latest lab numbers:

TSH 2.25 (Range: 0.40 - 4.50)
Free T4 1.0 (Range: 0.8 - 1.8)
Free T3 3.1 (Range: 2.3 - 4.2)
Thyroid Antibodies (ATA, TPO) NONE
Do you have symptoms?  Your FT3 and FT4 are a little bit low, nothing significant, especially since you're not currently on meds.  It's all a matter of how you feel.
I agree with Goolarra

IF you do have Hypo symptoms then a starter dose of T4 medication like Synthroid or Levo would probably be what is prescribed.  Starter dosages are usually 25 to 50 mcg.

Finding a Dr who will actually prescribe you anything is the magic trick.  Since all your tests are "within the normal range" that may be difficult.  Dr's are notoriously reliant upon TSH and reference range endocrinology.  That is,They either rely 100% on TSH which is almost worthless. And/or they simply medicate to get a person "somewhere" within the reference ranges and that is all.  Most seem to fall into these two camps.  To find a Dr who will actually treat you based upon symptoms and trying more to get to what most have found to feel well to be the Middle of the range for FT4 and UPPER 1/3 of the range for FT3 would be a Godsend and we need MANY more Dr's like that in the industry.

But again if you are having no symptoms then don't worry about it.