Drinking milk versus calcium supplements
I know you are not suppose to take calcium supplements within 4 hours of taking your Synthroid medication.  Does this include drinking milk with breakfast say approximately 1 hour after taking your medication?  I ask because I added an additional cup of milk with breakfast from one cup to two cups in November of 2007.

My thryoid medication had to be increased from 50 to 75 mcg a day by February of 2008.  My TSH was .9 in September of 2007 and changed to 2.65 by February of 2008.  My doctor increased my medication because of my recurring trochanter bursitus in both hips and also thought I was starting to develop fibromylagia.  I had been feeling fine I just can't seem to get rid of the bursitus.
You really should be taking your med two hours before anything goes in you stomach, It is good practice to get up and take your thyroid meds at first dawn - then 2 hours later take or eat any other additional routines you do.

If you take antiacids though - 4 hrs between is recommended.
I agree.  I was told not to eat or drink for 2 (not 1 as drug insert says) after taking the meds and not to take calcium supplements for 4 hours.  You can eat calcium foods, like milk, after 2 hours.  It won't have an affect the med.

Hope your bursitus resolves and you feel better soon.
I agree, that the calcium in the milk would definitely have an impact because whether its pill form or liquid its still calcium.  My doc told me no calcium for 4 hours after taking the meds.  
Hum.  My understanding is that calcium in food digests and absorbs at a much lower rate than a calcium supplement, so it's only the supplement that's the concern.

This would be an interesting question for the dr on the other forum to address.
Edit: Meant to say ' ...absorbs at a much 'slower' rate than a calcium supplement...'
I think you're right because after I posted my thought on that I read in the ATA book that cows milk is "probably OK".  That you should wait four hours for "any foods containing soy, calcium supplements, iron supplements, or antacids that contain either calcium or aluminum hydroxide"  Any also any medicines like cholestyramine, colestipol or sucralfate.

I also read mostly to just be consistent about how you take the levo, either eat shortly after taking the meds every day (and your levo prescription might need to be a little higher) or don't take it with food for at least an hour or more (and your levo prescription will be lower).
Cindi
Thanks for adding that.   Foods with calcium added would be something to wait on eating.

I too have read and heard others talk about how just being consistent is something that works for them.

Take care; love your graphic!