Thyroid Disorders Community
Dry skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Dry skin

I have extremely dry hands, to the point where the skin feels like paper, and my face and lips can get dry but to a lesser extent.

I find the only treatment for my dry skin is by using moisturiser which contains lanolin, as an ordinary moisturiser simply doesn't "stay" like the ones fortified with lanolin do.

However, I have heard lanolin can be bad for skin and that I should try and find an alternative. What do you all think?
Sry skin could be a sign of being hypo.   How are your labs?    usually when im on too much i break out with little blemishes, and when im on too little i get dry flaky stuff on my face and hands.   There are some things to treat this- have you seen your dermatologist?

The stuff i use is called DESONATE.
We'd need to see your current labs, in order to answer your question.  I know you've posted them before, but you have so many different threads going, it's difficult to keep up with, both, your symptoms and your labs.

It would be much better to stick to one thread, where we have all of your information together; that way, we don't have to keep asking the same questions and you don't have to keep posting the same information.