Thyroid Disorders Community
Elevated Thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Elevated Thyroid

I've been very tired for the last several months and went to the doctor.  He sent me for blood work and when it came back, the nurse called and said that my thyroid level was elevated to 12.7.  They sent me for more blood work and I'm waiting on the results.  What does this mean?  I researched a little on thyroid, and I think I have hyperthyroism, but I'm not sure because that is all the information they have given me so far.
Your level is hypothyroid, not hyperthyroid, if you are referring to TSH test.  If doctor done both FTs, will tell what type of hypothyroid you are, as well as other test.