Thyroid Disorders Community
Elevated white blood cell count/depleted level of Vitamin D

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

My recent blood test showed an elevated white blood cell count and a depleted level of Vitamin D. I have no fever or recent illness. Any ideas?
Are you asking in relation to a thyroid issue?  

White blood cells are produced to fight infection or disease.  What does your doctor say?

Vitamin D is essential to good health.  If your levels are "depleted" (what was the result?), did your doctor start you on supplements?  
Yes, the doctor prescribed 50,000 units of Vitamin D to be taken once a week for the next 8 weeks. However, I got a call this morning that the white blood cell count has now risen from 25.79 to 35.8 in yesterday's blood sample. I don't have a temperature, cough, stomach pain,  burning when I urinate, or any noticeable pain, other than bouts of cramping leg muscles and charlie horses.
Exactly what do you mean by elevated white blood cell count?  It can be Vitamin D levels to drop in the winter depending on the region they live in
as our bodies intake this through the sun.
What is the actual normal range for the white blood cell count?  This would have to come from your lab report. Is your doctor recommending more tests to find out why the  count is rising?  That can be caused by so many different things, ranging from an infection to cancer, that I can not even comment on it.

Cramping leg muscles/charlie horses can be caused by numerous issues, as well; I get them when I have too little potassium; have you had that tested?   But I also get them at other times, too -- again, that's too vague to comment on.

I'm happy to hear that your doctor has started you on mega vitamin D....... that will bring your levels up and may alleviate some of your symptoms......

I'm still not clear as to whether or not your questions are in regards to a possible thyroid issue........ please clarify that, and let us know what, if any thyroid tests you've had done, along with results and reference ranges from your lab report.
Thank you for your help, Barb and Jewel. I am new to this site and didn't realize that I stumbled into the Thyroid Community. When I logged in, I just asked my question, not realizing I was in the Thyroid Community.
That said, at my physical on Dec 28, the doctor checked my thyroid, manually, and found no swelling.
The Reference Range for WBC is 4.50-11.0. My WBC on Dec 28 was 25.79. The results of my blood test on Jan 20 is 32.8.
The Reference Range for Vitamin D is 32.0-100.0. My count on Dec 28  was 16.5. I've just noticed that my Vitamin B12 Reference Range is 211-946. My level is 1626. Hmm.
The Reference Range for Potassium is 3.6-5.0. My reading is 4.3, so I am well inside the normal range.
At any rate, I have been advised to be a walk-in to my clinic on Monday morning for further assessment. Thank you, again, for your help.