Thyroid Disorders Community
Endocrinologist Appointment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Endocrinologist Appointment

I got in to the endocrinologist yesterday and I saw two doctors.. a resident doctor and then the endocrinologist, they spent an hour and a half with me. They don't think my thyroid has anything to do with any of my symptoms! My hormone levels were still normal in the tests, and they said even if my thyroid just got inflamed once in a while something would show up. So I'm getting some blood and urine tests done on Thursday because they think maybe I have some adrenal gland thing where it releases too much stress hormone / adrenaline. (Have to research more about this) So we are finding out if it is that. But they said I should be referred to a cardiologist anyways because I have a heart murmur and my symptoms still don't explain everything. So I'm seeing my family Doctor over the holidays to get the results of this test Im getting, and then hopefully getting referred to a cardiologist. I'm glad that my thyroid is ok, but I was hoping that if i had heart problems (like the tachycardia) that it was just due to the thyroid and not a seperate heart issue. You know what I mean? So i guess I just have to deal with how I'm feeling till we find out what's really going on, and hopefully I can get in to a cardiologist sooner than later. Thanks for your help everyone :)

This discussion is related to Thyroid Goiters.
Have you had ultrasound done before or during the visit?
Before, I had small goiters, and blood work was normal, so they are checking for Pheochromocytoma.. I guess it could make sense that it is that. We will see soon, December 23rd hopefully if my results are in by then.