Enlarged thyroid, anyway to relieve the discomfort?
I had an ultrasound today that revealed that my thyroid is slightly enlarged (no specification on that). The two blood tests and the breath test revealed normal results, so my doctor (D.O.) has decided to keep an eye on it for now with yearly check ups. But she didn't offer me any solutions for the discomfort I am currently feeling. My throat feels like it is being pressed in upon, the thyroid area aches, and I have trouble swallowing sometimes. Is there anything I can do to relieve this discomfort?
I have taken prescription anti inflamatory for what you are describing, but will tell you that the same drug (naproxin) can be found in Alieve.  It did help me some.  Let us know if it works for you!
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to pick some up and try it out.
You're welcome!  I will say I also tried some ibuprofen (didn't help me) and Xanax (for carotid artery swelling) and funny enough xanax helps.
I was told my Endo to take Tylenol, when my throat felt swollen more then normal.  My enlarged thyroid used to bother me alot, when it was first discovered, but now I don't even notice it anymore.

Drinking bottled water, seems to help the throat discomfort, maybe it loosens up the muscles in the area, I have no idea, but drinking water helps.  
Alieve helps me too.  Just one in the morning does the trick.  Then I realized that I got an added bonus.  My knees don't ache either!