Thyroid Disorders Community
Evening primrose oil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Evening primrose oil

Hello! Does anyone know if it is ok to take evening primrose oil before having thyroid blood tests? Will it alter the outcome of the results? I am scheduled to get my thyroid blood work done ( to see if my thyroid is messed up) August 13th. I wanted to start taking evening primrose oil now but I am worried that it may change my blood test results :(  Any info is welcomed and appreciated!
Thanks!
Michelle
It wont affect your thyroid levels or results in any way as it is not a hormone for the thyroid.
But dont forget to allow 4 hours after thyroid meds when you take it ...usually best taken at bedtime.

All the best :o)
Avatar n tn
just wondering what you take the evening primrose oil for?
I have heard that evening primrose oil is good for anxiety related to hormonal imbalances :)
Here is a link from Medhelp about evening primrose oil :
http://www.medhelp.org/drugs/Evening-Primrose-Oil/show/7306
Thanks so much for the info, Deb!! ((HUGS))
Evening Primrose Oil is great for ANY Woman regardless of health issues.
It basically helps with hormonal changes and does allieveate anxiety and stress but does take a few weeks to kick in.