Eyelid retraction and armour thyroid
I was diagnosed with Graves disease in 2001 and subsequently treated with radioactive iodine in 2003.  Since being treated, I was placed on Synthroid.  Soon after I developed the "eye stare" and moderate lid retraction bilaterally.  Throughout the years, my eyes seemed to have gone back to their normal state.  Approximately two years ago, my physician switched me to armour thyroid (I felt great on it).  However, approximately 8 months ago, I developed a pronounced upper lid retraction of my right eye. I wanted to know if it could be related to the armour thyroid and whether I should ask my physician to switch me back to synthroid?
Have you had your antibodies checked again?
The eye problems are likely not directly related to your thyroid problems or the replacement hormones you are taking.  They sound like they are caused by Graves Eye Disease (also known as Thyroid Eye Disease) which is caused by different anti-bodies than the ones that caused your Graves Thyroid Disease.  These antibodies cause a fat-like substance to be deposited in the muscles behind the eyes, which eventually push the eye out of the socket, causing the characteristic stare.  Somehow they eye movement also causes the lid retraction you are referring to.

The antibodies can be blood tested for, I believe.  I'd say at this point you should be seen by a good ophthalmologist who treats patients with GED.  Your endo should be able to refer you to someone, I would think.

I'd advise to make sure you are seen soon.  Even if your eye problems don't progress any further, it is better to be safe than sorry.  Sometimes GED progresses until it causes double vision and in rare instances, threatens the optical nerve.  Good luck to you.