Thyroid Disorders Community
Fasting or not for bloodwork?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Fasting or not for bloodwork?

I don't think I need to fast to get my TSH checked tomorrow,  but I want to make sure.  I know you all know the answer to this easy question.
TSH isn't a fasting test, but make sure to get it done first thing in the morning.  You might want to check with the doc to see if you're supposed to take your meds that morning or not tho.
Thanks- unfortunately I'm not on any meds yet due to TT for pap. cancer.  I'm hoping for at least a 30 so I can start RAI............
I was told non-fasting and I usually go in the AM but I never asked about that.

I should get my results back tomorrow most likely .. had my blood draw on Friday.

C~
TSH level isnt affected by any meds and as long as your TSH is 30...you will be ready for RAI.
You must be feeling pretty cr@ppy with the high TSH so Good Luck
Let us know how you go  x