Thyroid Disorders Community
Fatigue and stomach issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Fatigue and stomach issues

Guys,

I was diagnosed with silent thyroiditis.  I went through a hyper phase with all of the usual symptoms, and my T4 on 6/11 was 4.4, 6/27 was 3.4, and 7/16 was 1.8.  My TSH has been suppressed all along at .005.  I am feeling super fatigued these days, and I get constipated if I don't eat a lot of fiber every day.  I never knew so much pain can come from ones butt.  My question is:  will I ever get my energy back?  I used to run marathons, and now I can't even hang out with friends for a day without feeling like trash.  Can anyone offer hope?
Have you tried posting this on the drs forum?  You are not being ignored, I think no one really understands this enough to help you.  We try to answer all the questions that we can, but it we don't have any experience with something we would rather give no advice on it instead of the wrong advice.
I wish I could help you more, but I really can't, other than Miralax is a really good med for the constipation.  My son takes it daily and can't go without it.  Some of the hypo people on here also take it daily.

Good luck to you, I hope you find answers soon.  You might also try reposting on here and asking Graves Lady, she is a whiz with #'s and symptoms.

Dac
I have had similar problems my Dr told me to take the powder fiber suplement three times a day this really help I also help with a tiny nit of the fatigue beacuse my stomach was felling better try this and let me know how it works for you take the fiber every day regardless of how you fell
Fatigue and constipation are the name of the hypothyroid game. Fiber pills, plenty of water, and I find oranges, strawberries, cherries and figs help move things along. I also must put in a plug for acupuncture, because it has helped me tremendously with the fatigue and the constipation.

Best of luck!
Okay, from your numbers, it looks like hyper, but your constipation is usually associated with hypo. Have you seen a gastro for this?

I am hypo and have the constipation. Miralax did nothing. Lactulose finally did the trick.

:) Tamra
I don't know about silent thryroiditis since I am hypo with Hoshimoto's.

Any one can benefit from yogurt, acidophilis and L-Glutamine (cheap!) tablets. This is were digestive health begins. When things slow down other non desirable things can happen like night acid reflux. Never eat a meal of mainly just meat. Cool uncooked veggies are the best fiber. 2 bananas a day are cheap and healthfull as well.

As far as hope, there are people here quite often reporting improvments on their condition. I was athletic my whole life and I felt like Hoshomoto's robbed me of my life as I hit bottom about two years ago (then 40). It was like my body was failing. I learned a lot about the human body, since the docs were of very little help, some just said 'well your 40 now'! Tried many different things and switched thyroid meds, now much better!!!!!

I feel that five years of my life was wasted by just listening to doctors that treat symptoms. Of all the handful of docs I seen in the past, Gastroentrologists have got to be the worst there is. Mine did not even know what L-Glutamine was but he sure pushed the 'purple pill'.

Be patient.

Jeez, I just now noticed how old your post is (2007), as it got bumped up!!

I'm sure you found answers by now, I hope!