Thyroid Disorders Community
Feel terrible

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Feel terrible

Hey all,

Feel terrible today and not sure what to do. My TSH level last week was 5.6, 5.1, and today after a visit to the ER was only 3.16.

I feel so tired run down sweaty, feverish but no fever even recently was only 98.6 and at the ER was 97.6.

Do any of you with hypo thyroid feel this way?

I also have a very full feeling in my throat like a knot. Does this sound familiar to anyone??

HELP!!!! JKV44
What prompted you to go to the ER?  Your TSH is still too high and probably why you are still feeling poorly.  Did you have your Free T4 and Free T3 checked as well? I also have problems with my throat.  Had an ultrasound done and it showed severe inflammation due to the Hashi's.  Are you still on meds and when do you go back to the doctor?
Hey Dani,
I know my TSH is still to high. I don't think that they did those tests at the ER.

I'm not on meds at this time and feel sweaty but with no fever. I keep checking every thirty minues.

I'm hot and from reading some responses on this forum. it sounds very typical to Hypo.

I went to the ER because I was feeling so poorly sweaty etc. The ER doctor checked my vitals and it was only 97.7 and all tests came back except the TSH was 3+.

I'm seeing a specialist on Thursday morning who is a diagnostician but does wonders with thryroid.

I feel like god, what other symptoms can kick in.

Does any of this sound familiar? JKV44
Ok I'm confused.  Your TSH was 5.6 last week and now 3.16 with no meds?  I too can sympathize with the hot feeling.  I always thought I was suppose to be cold but I am one of the lucky ones who has heat sensitivity instead.  Believe me every morning I wake up to 10 more new symptoms so I know what you are going through. Have you ever seen an endo?  I am not sure what a diagnostician is.
Yes,
my TSH fluxuates all the time. The ER doctor thought that a TSH of 3.16 was normal and didn't need meds.

I'm seeing the ENDO on July 8th in the morning.

A diagnositician is a doctor who speicializes in things that most doctors are puzzled by. Inf fact, it was him that first gave me the HYPo label last Weds. He has me on some med that is trying to jump start the thyroid. I called him today and said it wasn't working and so I'm seeing him on Thursday morning for some real meds.

Are you on meds? Are you hypo or hyper?

What is/was your TSH that got you on meds? Janice
Wow, is that a REAL docor?  I am very interested!  My TSH level was 3.98 at diagnosis.  It was that and the antibodies that tested for positive for Hashimoto's that prompted treatment for me.  I am still in the process of tweaking both meds and doseages and having a hard time.  I feel like I am dying most days!!

Danielle
Wow,
I know how you feel. I'm sorry to hear about your med and feeling poorly.

I guess the ER doctor was really since he had a md. When I asked him some questions he told me he didi't   have any more answers than I did. I just look at it as it can't can't get any worse right?

This forum has been a godsend for me. I learned more about Hypo/hyper from reading and responding than I have from my doctor. I can't tell you how many appts. I have cancelled with my GP because of her dismissing my symptoms and me for that matter.

I never realized that the thyroid can cause so many problems in a body. I wish I had something more easily diagnosed. At least then I could have a better idea of what I was dealing with.

I'm here for you if you want to vent. I know I've done that a lot lately. Janice
Without the Free T4 and Free T3 tests being done, the tsh can be very misleading.
Basically the TSH should be the LAST level you check on.....it is the FT3 and FT4 that is more important and moreso in treating the thyroid with meds.

Some people have had a normal T3 and normal T4 yet had a high TSH and it hasnt been the thyroid but the Adrenals causing the problem.
Thats why it is very important to have the 'Free's ' done.
Also ask the diagnostian you are seeing to do an antibody test and post your levels here so others can maybe help a lot more.
Without the Free T3 and Free T4, it is hard to speculate as to whats going on.
All the best.
I will post my levels after my endo appt next week.

The only latest levels I have are TSH for the last few weeks which finally prompted my PCP to refer me to the endo.

They are 5.6, 5.13, 4.1 as of yesterday.

I don't know about the rest of you but the lower my TSH level goes, the better I feel.

JKV