Fleshy lumps in throat
I have been getting a number of little fleshy lumps on the back of my throat just at the back of my tongue, you can only see them when a flashlight is turned onto them. There is no pain what so ever just the feeling of a lump in the back of my throat and there are no other symptomns. I was wondering if you had any information regarding my problem ?
I wouldn't think it's thyroid related.  Thyroids which do not descend correctly during development are called lingual thyroids.  Typically these are found on routine throat exams or by a throat exam after the patient (usually a child) has difficulty swallowing, breathing, or speaking.  

(Here's a photo of what a lingual thyroid looks like: http://www.ghorayeb.com/LingualThyroid.html)

You should probably consult a good ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor to look at the lumps in your throat and determine what they are.

NOT a medical professional, just becoming a professional thyroid patient.

i just find the link you have posted today and i was looking on this forum for more info...
in fact my throat looks like the second photo on the link... however, i always thought it was just a visible epiglottis....
do you have any more info regarding it?
i am starting to think that perhaps the epiglottis shouldn't be visible....
do you have lingual thyroid?
thanx