Thyroid Disorders Community
Flu vaccine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Flu vaccine

My TSH is low and I did not see my endocrinologist yet so I don't know the cause of my TSH being low , can I get the flu vaccine  ?
You SHOULD get the flu vaccine! If you get the flu you will probably have a hard time dealing with it. Even 'normal' people should be vaccinated. Alot of thyroid patients are immuno-suppressed and catch alot of things going around, so it is very advisable to protect yourself.
I had the flu vaccine for the first time this year. I didn't get the flu when everyone here in Australia got it. I did get pneumonia though, which is totally not related to flu...had that 4 times this year! So for me that proved a point! Glad I got the flu vaccine!!!!!
Cheers!
Flu shots are being dispensed in my apartment community center tomorrow! I am clueless about TSH levels and what it is even. Doctor just says levels high or low, high means she puts me on more methimazole then tests in 2-3 weeks but my concern was getting the flu shot also.
I hadn't even thought about the interference with GD or my eyes so have a note to call my doctor first thing in the morning.
I'm with redheadaussie about it though, I sure don't want to get the flu along with all the rest that's going on with me right now.
Good luck to us :-)
I got my flu shot yesterday and I'm still here. Called all of my doctors first to make sure it was safe to get it and they all said yes.
Your TSH is probably low because the pituatary shuts down when the thyroid is overactive.