Thyroid Disorders Community
Free T4 Low

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Free T4 Low

My doctor done some test on me and my Free T4 test came back low 0.51  and my TSH is 1.70 what does this mean? I am going to see a dr. in a couple weeks. I have been tired, moody, night sweats and forgetting little things. Could this be why?
Free T4 is one of the active thyroid hormone levels. TSH shows more pituitary function.
He will probably follow up with more testing and retest to see if it was accurate, before diagnosing anything.
Try to get plenty of rest and wait for your new dr appt. It is hard to be patient, but anything to do with the thyroid is slllooooow motion. lol
Let us know what you find out.  :)
Thanks:)
I go to the drs. today. I will let you know what he says.
Went to the Drs. and they are going to run all the test over again.  It any other test come back high or out of wack I have to get an MRI of the pituitary gland. So now I have to wait another week. This is killing me. :(
Aww don't let it eat at you. It will get figured out....don't give up hope or let is stress you! :)