Thyroid Disorders Community
Generic brand Thyroxine ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Generic brand Thyroxine ?

Hi everybody
After being diagnosed with Hypothyroidism I purchased a generic brand of thyroxine called Eutroxsig
because the chemist said to me  do you want the generic brand it is cheaper?
And thinking of the cost of this medication for the rest of my life I said yes ok!
Then I read on forum that the generic brands are not as good I started to worry a bit and called into a chemist to have a talk to the pharmasist
I had a look at the real brand and the generic brand with the pharmasist and they were both made by sigma
he said I should stop worrying about this because they were excactly the same medication only difference is generic brand is cheaper
Does anybody have their own oppinion about this subject?
cheers
As long as you are getting all of them from the same company, I would have no problem with them.
Its when the pharmacies switch from manufacture to manufacture, to manufacture, to manufacture and back again.
Make sure your prescription bottles has the brand/manufacture listed on it. Consistency is the key issue.