Thyroid Disorders Community
Goiter or not ?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Goiter or not ?

Hi everybody

Just one question , how do you know if it is goiter or  just putting on weight. I have the impression that the  lower part of my neck keep getting bigger . Looking at the list of symptoms I realised that I had some of the symptoms through the years but right now I'm feeling fine ( we all have good and bad days, on my bad days I don't put that on thyroid.I only had one lab done few months ago and my TSH was low ( .07) and my Free T4 was  normal range) I have not seen my endo yet ,I got some extra weight ( not obese) but I don't think the extra weight will go to the lower neck only .Is it possible to have goiter without symptoms?

Thank you for your reply
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
219241_tn?1413541365
You can do the neck check to see if you have a goitre or not. Google up thyroid neck check and you will get a few sites that can help you.
  Usually if you go back to old photos of yourself and then look at yourself now, you can usually see it getting bigger slowly.
Yes you can have a goitre without sypmtoms ( I spell goitre that way as I am an Aussie!)
Blank
I had symptoms that I could put down to other causes. It wasn't until I did the neck check that I realised I wasn't just getting a fat neck but a small goitre and I also found a lumpy nodule that I need a scan on.
Blank
nausea was a big symptom for me.  Had it for years.  Had no idea it was a goiter.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank