Thyroid Disorders Community
Goiter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Goiter

Hi everyone just a quick question.  I do have Graves and I have a goiter.  My question is will the goiter always flex in size?  Because some days I feel it some days I don't.its still visible though.  Even if your thyroid levels goes into remission or not?
Graves rarely is associated with goiter. Iodine deficiency - hypothyroidism and Hashimoto is more common with a goiter.

Stress can enlarge a sick gland - so can diet and choices of food.

You should list any labs you had done to make a clear assumption on whats going on.
I do have hyperthyroisdism as of right now due to the graves.  I thought it is common to have a goiter if the person is under the age of 40.  actually if the person is under the age of 40 the person with graves will have a goiter. I was just wondering if the goiter will always be there even in remission.  If it is still present in remission will it still flex in size?
Do you have a copy of your labs that you can post?
The variation in blood flow can cause feeleing about goiuter size, but the overall size may still be the same
When I was 23,  I developed graves/hyper/goiter. The only reason I went to the doctor was due to my neck enlarging (very visible on me-lineman's neck @ 88 lbs). I did have other symptoms but it was not until my neck enlarged that they figured out it was thyroid related.

The only thing I remotely remember was having the uptake scan, ( I think I had to drink something & come back for another scan). Once I went back for the second scan I was immediately admitted in hospital, apparently I was in a thyroid storm & didn't even know it. All history from there. Did have a RAI & TT, all better now.