Thyroid Disorders Community
Goiter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Goiter

I have a question that you may be able to help me with!  I am attempting to resolve this issue with my PCP but he is hesitant to order the tests?
4 Yrs ago they found that i havea goiter on my thyroid, i have ultrasounds every 6 mths to monitor its size, i have multiple nodulars, and multiple cysts........ I have an elevated EOS @ 11.9, they ran a Nuclear Test to R/O cold or warm cells in the thyroid which came back negative so that would r/o CA of the thyroid correct?
Well  have a OA displacement? my pcp attempted to manipulate it with a simple "rotation" my neck cracked and it felt better for about 4 days, since then i have had a headache that wont resolve with tylenol or motrin.........i saw him today and he says my Nerve in the occipital is pinched causing the headaches? I pressured him to order an MRI of the head since i havent ever had headaches in my life so i am concerned that the elevated labs and such is caused by a pituitary issue, Non functioning tumor? He didnt believe so but said " i havent had time to research it">? hmmm more pills ( i hate pills) so what do you think? could they all be related? can the pressure in my neck be caused by the thyroid? possible growth? its been 2 mths since the nuculear study and i have headaches for about the same? or am i just grasping at straws? I am tired of paying $80/mth for office visits to hear "take this and get these labs done" and still nothing is resolved!
Can you give me any suggestions??
Where are they with thyroid blood tests?

Thyca is not common - but scans and MRI will not rule out the cancer. A biopsy is really they only way to tell for sure - and that sometimes can be missed.

It sounds to be like you may have when you cracked your neck inflammed some tissues or muscles. I see a chiro at times and if I crack the wrong way I do have a constant headache until another adjustment corrects the issue.

A goiter when inflammed can give our discomfort in your neck. I do not know much about that - but when I feel inflammed in the front of my throat - I am uncomfortable.

Hopefully someone will also post more here. I hope this resolves for you
Hello .. Welcome to the Thyroid Community!

Stella gave some good advice .. I'm sure others will jump on in as the day progresses!

Cheryl