Goiter
Is it normal when you have a goiter and feel like something is stuck in your throat??? I woke up this way yesterday and it scared me...I drank a ton of water and the problem resolved slightly...This am it was not as bad but now my throat is really sore and hurts. I have a total of 7 nodules on my thyroid. The largest is just over 4CM. One is just over 3CM in the front of my neck. Could these nodules be obstructing my throat?
Yes  it probably needs to come out.
Love Venora
898
If lifting both arms to the shoulder level causes shortness of breath, the nodules are causing obstruction. Are these nodules cystic [fluid filled] or solid?
I tried lifting my shoulders, no effect...the nodules are solid. I have still not mastered the art of "chcecking my neck" but if I tilt my head back one is very present. UGH, this is frustrating!!
Oh and my neck feels 20 degrees hotter than the rest of my body...
898
If lifting arms above shoulders is not resulting in shortness of breath, there is no major obstruction to the trachea,however, if nodules are solid and hormone treatment cannot help stop thei growth, most common treatment is surgery; ethanol ablation may not be effective againgt solid nodules [but can be tried]; Laser ablation is currently undergoes trial.
If nodules in your thyroid are not cold [means they taking radioiodine] RAI treatment can be used too.
It is still questionable, if consuming large amount of iodine causes cold nodules to grow.
Ibuprofen can provide temporary relief from soreness, but 4 cm nodule is something that needs to come out.
With that many nodules and the size of them have they not suggested a total thyroidectomy? I had 5 growths, the largest was 4.8 cm.  My endo told me my thyroid had to come out regardless of the FNA results.  
Trish