Got lab results today
Hi, I've been on Levothroid for about 10 years. Currently taking .150MG per day. My Hypothyroid symptoms of being tired all the time, dry skin, some blurry vision continue to go on.
After reading on here, I finally convinced my doc to get the T3 and T4 tests. So here are my results. Can someone give me their opinions about them?

TSH - 2.93 (Up from 2.07 on 11/09)
T3 - 95
T4 - 1.24
Of course these according to my records show me as being within the normal ranges.

Appreciate comments.
hi,

can you please give us the reference ranges for these results.

thanks
I am pretty concerned to clarify these T labs. Are they marked Free or FT on the lab sheet?
Reply to your questions. Ranges provided and actual names of the test below.

Range for "TSH" from report is: 0.3-5.5 mIU/mL (My reading is 2.93)
Range for "T3 Total" is: 70-170 NG/DL (My reading is 95)
Range for "Free Thyroxine (FT4)" is: 0.9-1.8 NG/DL (My reading is 1.24)

Got any ideas anyone on my lab readings?
First, a couple of thoughts for you.  Over 8 years ago the AACE recommended that the ref. range for TSH should be revised downward to .3 - 3.0.  Unfortunately most labs and doctors still use the old range.  Your test result is barely within the new range, even though you are taking a significant dosage of Levo.  Another thing is that TSH is a pituitary hormone that is affected by so many variables that it is a poor diagnostic for thyroid problems.  At best it should be an indicator,  to be considered along with more important indicators such as symptoms and levels of the biologically active thyroid hormones, free T3 and free T4.

FT3 is the most important because it is four times as active as FT4, plus studies have shown that FT3 correlates best with hypo symptoms.  Symptom relief should be all important, not just getting test results somewhere within the very broad reference ranges.  

In my opinion the best way to treat a thyroid patient is to test and adjust levels of FT3 and FT4 with whatever type of medication is necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Frequently we hear from members that symptom relief for them required that FT3 was adjusted into the upper part of its range and FT4 adjusted to at least midpoint of its range.  In view of your symptoms I think your FT4 is too low in the range and although you really need to be tested for FT3, I expect that your total T3 result indicates that FT3 will also be in the lower part of its range and needs to be increased..  

If your doctor does not agree with treating your symptoms by adjusting FT3 and FT4 levels, then you will have to find a good thyroid doctor that will do so.  
The total measurement takes the stored hormone not being utilized in the body as a measure.

You need the FT3 test to see where you have T3 hormone at.