Thyroid Disorders Community
Graves Disease after removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Graves Disease after removal

I had my thyroid glands removed 4 yrs ago and thing have been fine til now. I had a baby a little over a year  ago and now all of my symptoms of Graves Disease are coming back. The worst of them is the protrusion of the eye, problems with nervous system, tremors, and a few others. I'm on thyroid med. and had my leave tested and came back ok. So, now I have no answer from my Doctor on how or what we can do next. I'm in fear of the on going eye problems if anyone can help me with any info please let me know..    
If I were you, I'd find a good ophthalmologist (an MD eye doctor, not an OD -optometrist)  who should be able to diagnose your eye problems.  If it is Graves related, you'll want to know that.  If it isn't, I'd think you'd want to know what is causing the issues.

People can get Graves Eye Disease without ever having Graves (Thyroid) Disease.  The antibodies that cause the eye problems are different from those that cause the thyroid problems.

I'm not sure what to suggest for the rest of your symptoms, has your doctor ran other tests besides the thyroid tests?
I agree, you definitely must find a opthalmologist surgeon who specializes in Graves opthalmopathy.  There are surgeries you can have, and I am looking into it, however, I have heard you have to wait 3 years for the eye problem to run its course and have since read that  the eye problems may still return. But it's worth looking into.  Good luck and best of health to you