Graves and questions
I was dx with graves 7 years ago. I took tapazole (didn't want to do the RAI) and controlled my thryoid pretty well to the ppoint that I went into remission a couple of years ago and stopped the drug.  Now, a couple of weeks ago i started to feel some symptoms and finally got some blood work. So after two years my thyroid levels are out of control. My tsh is <0.004, free T4 is 3.54 and total T4 is 18.4. Spoke with my endo who put me back on 10 mg of tapazole. Has this ever happened to anyone? is there a chance to go into remission again or that this is a temporary thing? thanks
It is not uncommon to have Grave's and go into remission at some point. The remission eventually reverses and you are back to being hyperthyroid. Going into remission a second time can happen, but not very often. It's possible, but not likely.