Thyroid Disorders Community
HALF LIFE OF CYTOMEL AND SYNTHROID

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

HALF LIFE OF CYTOMEL AND SYNTHROID

Could someone please explain what the half-life of both Cytomel and Synthroid is and what that means?

Liz
Someone with more knowledge will have a better answer, but I think it has something to do with how quickly it leaves your body. I may be way off here!
Avatar n tn
The half life of synthroid is a week. That means if you take X amount of synthyroid only one day one. By the end of the week, you will have half of that amount of synthroid, that's 1/2 X left. By the end of the second week, you'll have half of what you have the previous week, so, that'll be 1/4 X. The third week, 1/8. The fourth week, 1/16, so on and so forth.