Thyroid Disorders Community
HELP! Hashimoto's,High PTH(parathyroidism) and Low Vit.D

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I need help. I was just diagnosed with Hashi and hypo last month and started to take Synthroid.

I also had Lymes disease for quite awhile and just got off a PICC line of IV antibiotic therapy.

My problem is that my body has a hard time absorbing Vit D. It was down to 8.5 and now it's 34 which is 4 points over the bottom of the reference range. I've been taking 6,000IU daily and was told that in order to have the greatest benefit to ward off cancer and other diseases, the level should be at 70.

I also have high PTH. (parathyroidism). No doctor or specialist can figure it out! When my Vit.D goes up, so does my PTH. It's suppsed to be the opposite!
I'm very concerned about this because a high PTH robs the bones from calcium and causes osteoporosis. I already have osteoporosis and taking Boniva for it.

Does anyone have any idea if the Hashi may have anything to do with the parathyroids over acting?