HELP! Hashimoto's Thyroiditis,Positive RA Factor,Postive ANA and Lymes Disease???
I'm 59yrs. old and got sick 3 yrs ago. I just got off a PICC line for Lymes Disease. Was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's. I have a high postive RA Factor (rhuematoid factor), and my ANA just went positive 1:40 Homogenous pattern. I also suffer from whole body parathesia (pins & needles) and neuropathy for the last 3 years.

I'm SO confused! Can Hashi's cause a positive ANA or RA Factor and pins&needles? Was it the Lymes that gave me these positive results or did the Lymes trigger something like Lupus, Rhuematoid arthritis, etc. ?? I don't know what's going on with me.

Also, my body has a hard time absorbing Vit. D.
Seriously, I don't think it really matters which came first.  You're showing positive and that needs to be addressed on many different levels.  

Fwiw, I've had one positive Rheumatoid Factor test and dx'd as a young adult with early onset RA.  Never showed positive again though.  Was dx'd with Fibromyalgia before ever was dx'd with Lyme Disease.  The Dr treating the Lyme at one point wanted to do a trial run of thyroid med but we just never got around to it since two other persons in the household also had Lyme at the same time.  

I would note though...that when Son was going through his abx rounds for Lyme he temporarily showed up being hypoglycemic and for a short while allergic to wheat.  Both scenarios disappeared once the treatment ended and he went back to normal.

I mention this since a PICC line is such a more intense method of antibiotic treatment.

I forgot to mention that my PTH is high (parathyroidism). Why would my parathyroid be high also?

GalSal59-Do you now have RA?