Thyroid Disorders Community
HELP!! Lymes,High PTH,High Antithyroglobulin,Low T4,etc..???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Had lymes 23yrs.ago with bulls eye rash. Treated for 2wks.with oral antibiotics. Had lymes again with no rash 3 years later. Had IV therapy for 3 weeks. Flash forward 20yrs. Felt sick 2 1/2 yrs.ago and had some symtoms (symptoms) of lymes. NO doctors would give me a lymes test for these 2 1/2 yrs. Developed malaise,lost 50lbs in a few months,got whole body parathesia (pin & needles),got inflammatory arthritis,had 6 bleeding ulcers in colon which they think was due to a clot, fibromyalgia, acid reflux/gerd,bad osteoporsis, etc. Been to most doctors and in and out of hospitals. My RA Factor(rheumatoid arthritis factor) is high. FINALLY a couple months ago I cried to my rheumatologist to please give me the lymes test and he said okay. Guess what? POSITIVE! Next day I went to the hospital to have a Picc Line put in and received 28 days of IV antibiotic therapy. Still not feeling well.

I understand that parasites can give a high RA Factor. Meanwhile, my endocronologist took tests. It seems that I have a real problem absorbing Vit.D. I'm up to 5,000 IU D3 daily and it's still on the low side. It was down to 8.5. I also had been taking 50,000 IU D2 once a week but the doc took me off of that because it wasn't absorbing it.

These are my latest tests:

Choloesterol HIGH
PTH (parathyroid hormone) HIGH  at 82
Calcium now normal at 9.4 (used to be high for years)
TSH 3.660 normal
Thyroxine (T4) Free .75 (ref.range: 0.82-1.77)
Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab:  8  (ref.range: 0-34)
Antithyroglobulin Ab: 483 HIGH  (ref.range: 0-40)
AST (Live enzyme) 41 HIGH  (ref.range 0-40)

My TSH was fine a couple months ago.
WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME? Anyone have an idea? Why would my PTH be high?
Help please.