Thyroid Disorders Community
HELP WHAT IS HAPPING TO ME !

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

HELP WHAT IS HAPPING TO ME !

Im a 43 year old female, First I had a ultasound done on my thyroid I was told that I have a really large tumor on the left side of my thyroid blood test came back and I  dont understand  what its saying ! If anyone out there can help me understand what all this means I'll be extremely grateful ! Free T4 (Observation 1.3 ng/dL) (Reference interval 0.8-1.8 ) TSH (Obsevation 0.82 mlU/L (Reference interval 0.40-4.50 ( Iodine, random Urine ( Results 125 Unit mcg/L FER RANGE 34-523 ) Should I be concerned that the tumor might be thyroid cancer ? I do have a rapid heart rate and high blood pressure really high , my hair is falling out like crazy im always hot I  dont sleep well have to take sleeping pills to fall asleep never sleep 8 hours straight I'm waking up every 2 hours and lately I been loosing weight no matter how much calories I consume . Please someone help me understand all this.
Tags: Thyroid
Off hand your thyroid hormones 'look okay' in that they are well in range.  I would keep an open mind as to the cause of your symptoms.

Other thyroid tests you can do are an thyroid antibody panel, measure Free T3 as well as T4 and TSH again. Sometimes levels will fluctuate.

I assume the ultrasound didn't show anything interesting other than the lump. The endocrinologist that did mine said that autoimmune disease tends to show up on an ultrasound as a rough texture. Normal thyroid tissue is smooth.

As for the lump. Usually those are benign. 90-95% chance. For anything over 1cm, the standard is to do an ultrasound guided FNA biopsy.  They use a fine needle to snag some cells to look at.

If it's benign, then the only really worry is if it keeps growing, or causes issues with swallowing, etc.  The time frame for that though is usually 'years'.  So no hurry usually.

Most of the time thyroid cancer is very lazy and slow growing, so the cure rate is very high. Treatment is surgery, which usually isn't traumatic.  Often they use radio active iodine to kill stragglers (RIA doesn't make people sick)  So not even close to the like altering treatment with other cancers. So don't freak out too much (it's hard not to)

The two other common results are 'insufficient' means they didn't get enough cells to look at, so they need to repeat.  Or 'indeterminate/suspicious' which means the pathologist can't tell.  Often surgical removal is what is recommended then.

So likely not cancer, if it is cancer, you'll live. Dubious that your other symptoms are your thyroid, so while you should totally discount that, your doctor should be investing other possibilities.

Good Luck.

PS: I know what it's like to be sick, and really really want to have any sort of diagnosis, so you can be treated and get better.
I would recommended testing free T3 levels to rule out T3 toxicosis causing hyperthyroid symptoms. T3 toxicosis can be due to iodine deficiency, Graves disease, toxic adenoma (non cancerous tumour), toxic nodular goiter, metastatic follicular thyroid cancer, overdose of thyroid medication.
Thank you for the quick response honestly feel so much better! Having the FNB done next week after reading countless post i am convince I'll be okay . Thank you so much for helping me .
Just received my ultrasound results and once again I'm just clueless so please help me understand what there trying to tell me. Thyroid  
Lobes measure4.3x2.3x1.1cm on the right3.8x1.8x1.2cm on the left. Heterogeneous thyroid echotexture with multiple and bilateral thyroid nodules more in numbers on the right and the largest on the left.  RIGHT THYROID NODULES 1) 0.4x0.3cm superior cystic nodules 2) 0.8x0.7cm mid to superior complex solid cystic nodule 3) 0.5x0.4cm mid to inferior cystic nodule 4) 0.4x0.3cm inferior cystic nodule 5) 0.3x0.3cm inferior cystic nodule LEFT 1)2.3x2.4cm mid to inferiorcomplex mass with cystic solud components. SHOULD I BE CONCERN and WHAT TO EXPECT NOW. THANK YOU
The texture of the thyroid gland isn't uniform and smooth as seen with a healthy thyroid gland. Four cystic (fluid filled) nodules and one complex cyst (solid/fluid filled) on the right thyroid lobe; this lobe is wider than normal in measurement and likely due to the multiple nodules.  Quite a large complex cyst (solid/fluid filled) in the left thyroid lobe.

An FNA biopsy is recommended for all nodules over 1cm. A biopsy of nodules under 1cm depends on suspicious ultrasound results or other factors such as family history of thyroid cancer or exposure to radiation.