Thyroid Disorders Community
HELP WITH LAB RESULTS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

HELP WITH LAB RESULTS

I have not been here for a while, not because I have felt better, just got frustrated with all the MD's and no answers. I am still out of work and have put in for retirement because of the way I feel.  They told me I had Epstein Barr Virus which tweaked my thyroid and that is why I feel so bad.  I have been to every MD and found one that believed eventhough my TSH was normal but my antibodies were very high, both TPO and TGAB   that I still could have the symptoms of Hashimotos and that what was making me feel bad. Anyway the first Anti Nuclear AB came back positive then another MD just did an ANA Profile and it was negative.  This was in the matter of a month or so. Then another Endo did Total T3 and is was 76 range 97-219  Thyroixine Free 1.11 range .8-1.8   and TSH High Sensitivity 1.97  range .4-4.5.   Ok I thought my total T3 is low.  Then I went to another MD and he said they were outdated tests and he did a Free T3 it was 3.18   range 2.3-4.2   Free T4  .49  range .6-1.61 and TSH was the same 1.97.  So I have so many symptoms severe fatigue, no stamina, anxiety, sensitivity to cold and heat,red and watery eyes, and many other symptoms.  Do you see my dilemma. I have do not know what to think.  HELP>
Need Direction. I am going to another Endo in December, but I do not know if I can wait.
Any info would be great.
You have an autoimmune thyroiditis (positive antibodies), your free T4 looks low (may be the reason for your symptoms), I would repeat free T3, free T4 and TSH to be sure. I would check for  pituitary hormones  too (but with your TSH values doesn't look like......). The right doctor for you is an Endo. You should ask also for a full blood count, CRP, ferritin (see anemia), etc....