HELP
I have been on 150mg of levothyroxine and 20mg of cytomel now for 3 months. I am still having hypo symptoms. I am so tired, chronic headaches, brittle nails and hair. My doctor said I am on the high end of normal with my T3 and T4 and he thinks I might be getting to much so he might cut me back. When I was on the natur-throid I had energy and still had headaches but not as many. With the shortage I am wondering if I should see if  I can get it again at my pharmacy and start back on it. I have a neurologist appt on Tuesday because of the headaches and bad joint pain. I never had this much join pain until I started on the levothroxine. I wonder if it is that causing it. My TSH was .00 when I was there last time. I was on natur-throid before the shortage and my TSH was the same .00. Do you think I should lower my dose of levothryoxine or go back on the natur-throid. I have been feeling awful. Any advice I would appreciate.

you should be testing FT3 and FT4.  Once on medication TSH is not very reliable for many people (though ok if repeat testing shows that it correlates well for you).

Anyway, I think you should be getting back on a natural thyroid product.  ALthough many doctors seem biased against natural products, many patients swear they feel better on these.

I think you should go back on the natur-throid and monitor the FT3 and FT4.