Thyroid Disorders Community
Has anyone been treated by Dr. Bruce Rind in Washington DC

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I was wondering if anyone has received treatment from Dr Rind with the National Integrated Health Associates.  I spoke with him by phone and he as a very different approach to treating Thyroid.
I'm in Australia but would be interested in hearing about his treatment in regards to the thyroid.
Good or bad approach?
A lot of members here would also be interested in hearing more.
Dr. Rind's approach is that the lab number ranges do not mean anything, you have an optimal number that your TSH should be and the T4 and T3 should be in the same optimal range for your body to work and feel good.  I am having terrible headaches and joint pain is why I contacted him.  My GP told me my thyroid was perfect however Dr. Rind said my body is working to hard to produce the TSH that my body is calling for, and the fact the I lost my left thyroid in surgery in 2000 with more nodules on the right does not help.  He thinks he can help me, I was just wondering if anyone has insight into this doctor.  Check the websites below for more information, the thyroid information is under the Metabolic Energy.

http://www.nihadc.com/
http://www.drrind.com/Home.htm
Wow! I read the info on links you provided. It was very educational!
I am going to forward this to my endocrinologist and ask her for some advice.
So many of the symptoms describe me. I just want to say thank you for
posting this, I'm sure it will help a lot of people.

Terri
Very interesting and I think you should do well with this Doctor.
A pity more arent like him.
I never was treated by him - but I have read alot about him. I do have a doctor that treats my with my condition with about the same approach as he uses.

You will find more Integrated doctors will treat more on an individual bases than most regular MD - or even endos.

They cost a ton more and most insurance companies will fight you to pay them - but I found it well worth the hassel and cost to just follow Integrated medicine.

Thank you for the feedback, was not sure about the approach he was taking but more than willing to give anything a chance at this point.  My wish is for a day with no headaches and have something close to the energy level I had one year ago with no excessive joint pain.