Thyroid Disorders Community
Has anyone ever been told that one side of their thyroid is larger than...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Has anyone ever been told that one side of their thyroid is larger than the other?

During my visit with my endo he said that the left side of my thyroid is larger than the right. He felt and pushed on my neck and squeezed and had me swallow etc. Is this normal that the left side is larger than the right? I haven't started on meds yet as I am newly diagnosed and awaiting retests. Should I be concerned about this? Have you ever been told this?
Hi there

I too am only recently diagnosed as Hypothyroid with Hashi's my thyroid is currently enlarged and is bigger on the right than the left.  The Endo didn't indicate that the difference between the two sides was anything specifically to be concerned about.  Just a symptom of what was going on at the moment.

Cheers
G
I get my Hashi's results back today or tomorrow and it will difinitively tell me where I stand hypo or not. Endo is pretty sure I'm hypo. The endo didn't seem at all concerned he just told me that the left was larger than the right and said "huh" and then we spoke more. Thanks for letting me know the same happened to you it's a relief to know there are other out there goign through the same thing becaus being newly diagnosed is overwhelming considering all the info. you need to know.

Do you know if having hashi's increases your risk of getting thyroid cancer? I googled "hashimoto's and thyroid cancer" and read a few articles that scared me.
please excuse the typos