Has anyone had feelings of cold in chest and back
Hi, I just joined this group today.  I have been experiencing a cold feeling in my chest and back.  It feels like what you would feel if you have that vicks vapour rub put on your chest.  It doesn't have anything to do with how cold it is in a room as I had several layers of clothing on as well as the fireplace on, and it had no effect on the feeling that I am experiencing.  It is very disconcerting.  I have blood tests done and the doctor says that i have an underactive thyroid.  When i have researched the symptoms it talks about being more senstive to the cold but that doesn't apply to me as I can be an overly warm room and still have this feeling.  Can anyone tell me if they experienced this symptom?  I have also been experiencing numbness/tingling in my feet and especially my hands.

thanks,
Kathy
Numbness and tingling like that can sometimes be related to too low B12 level.  Since the doctor said you have an under active thyroid, be aware that hypothyroid patients frequently find that they are too low in the ranges for Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin.  

Please post whatever thyroid related test results you have, along with reference ranges shown on the lab report.  Also, do you have symptoms other than the cold feeling.