Thyroid Disorders Community
Hashimoto's, Headaches and Fatigue
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hashimoto's, Headaches and Fatigue

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis 22 years ago.  I have taken Synthroid since then, have my lab work done every 6 mos. or so and in the last few years (menopause!), the dosage has been adjusted several times.  Normally, about once a month, I am so fatigued I can't get out of bed and could pretty much sleep for 24 hours.  I don't always have the ability to do that, but it's how I feel.  Is that part of the thyroiditis?  I knew I was overdue for a TSH test and have been extremely fatigued for at least a month, so I went to the dr. last week and my TSH level was .03.  It has never been that low since I have been diagnosed.  Right now he has me on 1/2 of my usual dosage to try to regulate it.  I have headaches all of the time and am so very tired, also am not thinking clearly.  My mind is usually like a steel trap for details, and I feel like I've "blacked out" because I don't remember things.  Could all of this be due to Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?  Does anyone have any solutions?  I have a lot of responsibility and it is frightening to me to have so much trouble functioning.