Thyroid Disorders Community
Hashimoto's Disease & removing thyroid gland

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Ok - I had my right thyroid removed due to a benign nodule. Now my left side is feeling the same way that my right did before it was removed.  I went to my family doctor and he told me that he would not do a ultrasound as I have "reflux", now I know I don't have that. My Endo says he will not recommend it be removed as it will run it's course and die off. What does that mean? It hurts, does that account for anything? I am very uncomfortable and it pushes on my throat - like I am being choked.  I Feel like I am not being heard, am I wrong? Why would I want it keep it besides the surgery thing, which I think is better than the feeling that I have currently.  

I am so tired of all the doctors. They agree with all my symptoms but then they dismiss them just the same.  I am seeing a new Endo next week in Philly and hope and pray that he will do something other than, "lets wait and see", see what?, I feel terrible. Does anyone know what I am waiting for?

It becomes a joke after awhile, of what each doctor will tell me. One wants me on 200 mcg of Synthroid the other wants me on 25 mcg every other day and another wants to just wait because I mentioned trying Armour thyroid or a "T3" medicine.

Very frustrated...
Sorry I have no info on this for you but wanted to let you know i sympathize with the way you feel. Doctor's really don't seem to know what to do with us. It as if we are a guinea pig. Here lets try this and see how it works for awhile. Oh still problems now let's try this. It is frustrating and I continue on the same roller coaster. Hope all works well and the new Endo will listen. You sound exactly right and why not get rid of it instead of dealing with the symptoms. Keep trying till you get a doc that will listen. Keep us posted and best of luck.