Hashimoto's Flare Ups?
I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and have been on levoxyl for 9 months.  I periodically have these times where my heart races for several days and recently I've lost weight.  My question is can this be considered a flare up?  I just feel a little strange and this heart racing thing is driving me crazy!  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks!

momto3girls
You sound over medicated.  Go back for test (TSH, FT-4 and FT-3),
that is the only way to tell for sure. Actually you should be going every 6 weeks until your level has been stable with no med. dose adjustments, for a full year.  Then every 6 months for a full year.  Once a year thereafter with stable levels, with on med. dose adjustment.

Go have test done, you might need a med. dose adjustment.

I see some discussion about flare ups and attacks and am wondering what symptoms you have noticed that let you know you are experiencing a flare up? I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis almost 1 year ago and have since found out that I have tons of food sensitivies. I have eliminated all of the foods and am feeling so much better; however, in the past three months I have had three different times in which I thought I must be sick with the flu or something. I get extremely achy (to the point of not wanting to move), headaches, and complete lack of energy. It lasts for about 2-3 days with no signs of it being a virus or some sort of infection (no fever, vomitting, etc.). So as I am now experiencing my third episode of these intense achy days with no energy, I am starting to wonder if it is something related to the autoimmune disease. Has anyone else experienced this??
Have you had any updates since you posted this?  I have the same exact symptoms you do.  Feels like the flu, extreme body aches, I even get a rash on my chest.  No one around me gets sick, so I do not think it is a virus.  Happens often sometimes every 3-4 weeks. Tylenol does not help the pain.  It is awful. I have not been diagnosed with Hashimotos yet, but do have symptoms and some lab tests to indicate I may have it.  
It likely is related to Hashi's. The flu-like symptoms and rash happen to me occasionally now that I've began a clean diet. No gluten, no grains, organic, non-GMO foods. But emotional upsets can bring this on as well. I just found this site today and decided to check it out. There is so little info. on Hashi's. I wanted to know if there is a definitive list of things that can cause flares but so far I've gotten no answers.
I hope you find this comment as I noticed it's been almost a year since you posted yours.