Aa
A
A
Close
Hashimoto's Flare Ups?
I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and have been on levoxyl for 9 months.  I periodically have these times where my heart races for several days and recently I've lost weight.  My question is can this be considered a flare up?  I just feel a little strange and this heart racing thing is driving me crazy!  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks!

momto3girls
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You sound over medicated.  Go back for test (TSH, FT-4 and FT-3),
that is the only way to tell for sure. Actually you should be going every 6 weeks until your level has been stable with no med. dose adjustments, for a full year.  Then every 6 months for a full year.  Once a year thereafter with stable levels, with on med. dose adjustment.

Go have test done, you might need a med. dose adjustment.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I see some discussion about flare ups and attacks and am wondering what symptoms you have noticed that let you know you are experiencing a flare up? I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis almost 1 year ago and have since found out that I have tons of food sensitivies. I have eliminated all of the foods and am feeling so much better; however, in the past three months I have had three different times in which I thought I must be sick with the flu or something. I get extremely achy (to the point of not wanting to move), headaches, and complete lack of energy. It lasts for about 2-3 days with no signs of it being a virus or some sort of infection (no fever, vomitting, etc.). So as I am now experiencing my third episode of these intense achy days with no energy, I am starting to wonder if it is something related to the autoimmune disease. Has anyone else experienced this??
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Have you had any updates since you posted this?  I have the same exact symptoms you do.  Feels like the flu, extreme body aches, I even get a rash on my chest.  No one around me gets sick, so I do not think it is a virus.  Happens often sometimes every 3-4 weeks. Tylenol does not help the pain.  It is awful. I have not been diagnosed with Hashimotos yet, but do have symptoms and some lab tests to indicate I may have it.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
It likely is related to Hashi's. The flu-like symptoms and rash happen to me occasionally now that I've began a clean diet. No gluten, no grains, organic, non-GMO foods. But emotional upsets can bring this on as well. I just found this site today and decided to check it out. There is so little info. on Hashi's. I wanted to know if there is a definitive list of things that can cause flares but so far I've gotten no answers.
I hope you find this comment as I noticed it's been almost a year since you posted yours.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Hashimoto's Flare Ups?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703