Thyroid Disorders Community
Hashimoto's Flare Ups?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hashimoto's Flare Ups?

I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and have been on levoxyl for 9 months.  I periodically have these times where my heart races for several days and recently I've lost weight.  My question is can this be considered a flare up?  I just feel a little strange and this heart racing thing is driving me crazy!  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks!

momto3girls
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You sound over medicated.  Go back for test (TSH, FT-4 and FT-3),
that is the only way to tell for sure. Actually you should be going every 6 weeks until your level has been stable with no med. dose adjustments, for a full year.  Then every 6 months for a full year.  Once a year thereafter with stable levels, with on med. dose adjustment.

Go have test done, you might need a med. dose adjustment.

Blank
I see some discussion about flare ups and attacks and am wondering what symptoms you have noticed that let you know you are experiencing a flare up? I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis almost 1 year ago and have since found out that I have tons of food sensitivies. I have eliminated all of the foods and am feeling so much better; however, in the past three months I have had three different times in which I thought I must be sick with the flu or something. I get extremely achy (to the point of not wanting to move), headaches, and complete lack of energy. It lasts for about 2-3 days with no signs of it being a virus or some sort of infection (no fever, vomitting, etc.). So as I am now experiencing my third episode of these intense achy days with no energy, I am starting to wonder if it is something related to the autoimmune disease. Has anyone else experienced this??
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...