Hashimoto's Flare Ups?
I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and have been on levoxyl for 9 months.  I periodically have these times where my heart races for several days and recently I've lost weight.  My question is can this be considered a flare up?  I just feel a little strange and this heart racing thing is driving me crazy!  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks!

momto3girls
Have you had any labs done lately?  Could be you need to lower your dosage of meds.
Have you read WHY DO I STILL HAVE THYROID SYMPTOMS WHEN MY LAB TESTS ARE NORMAL (by Kharrazian)?  It's a very informative book about thyroid disorders in general, and Hashimoto's in particular.
We are well aware of that book, having already discussed it twenty ways from Sunday.   For people like yourself who show up and post for the first time here and promote the book, we always wonder about the motives, and we always ask for some scientifically valid data that supports the contentions in the book about the cause for Hashi's being due to "leaky gut" problems caused by gluten intolerance.  The book seems to be all conjecture and anecdotal information, which I'm afraid does not confirm a cause and effect relationship.
You may want to have your levels checked due to the weight loss .. maybe the doctor will reduce your dosage?