Hashimoto's Thyroiditis- Will thyroid removal help?
Hello all, This is my first post on this site after years of looking through forums for advice and answers. I was diagnosed as having Hashimoto's Thyroiditis a year and seven months ago after having a miscarriage. I was having symptoms for about 2 1/2 years before I was actually diagnosed (hair falling out, nails not growing, depression, exhaustion & drastic weight gain). I have been on synthroid & cytomel (various doses) in the last year and a half and my TSH, Free T4 & T3 don't stay stable for more than 3 months. I keep going hypo to hyper over and over again no matter what dose I'm on it is seemingly never enough or too much within a short period of time.

My question for you all is I am considering asking my endo about complete removal of my thyroid. I know I will still have antibodies & some symptoms but won't controlling my TSH/T4 & T3 become much easier without my thyroid deciding to start and stop working every 3 months?

I just want to be able to be stable so I can lose weight and have children in the future (none of which is possible when hashi's is doing this hyper/hypo dance). It would be nice if I could sleep at night and have energy too but I'm not asking for much- babies and weight loss would be enough.

Right now- Synthroid 75 & Cytomel 5mcg
I also take 2,000 of vitamin D
65 iron (4x per week)
Prenatal vitamins
Calcium (w/ vitamin D)

I feel best when my TSH is a 1- but at my last test TSH was .46 and my Free T4 was 7.6 (highest it's ever been) any help, opinions or personal experiences would be amazing!
I haven't had my thyroid removed, but my endo and I both think that my thyroid is functionally "dead", and, yes, it is easier to manage the disease when you are on 100% replacement.  

What's the range on your FT4?  Did your doctor test FT3 as well?  Can you post a brief meds/labs history?