Hasimoto's & Adipex
I am a 37 year old female, 5'2" and 130 lbs.
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in February, 2008.  My TSH was near 6, T3 and T4 was tested, but I don't recall the exact result... T4 was higher than the normal range.  The doctor also ran a TPO - the lab range was 0.0-3.0, my result was 574.  He put me on .50 mcg Levoxyl once daily and asked me to return in mid April for another evaluation.  

I have MANY complaints about the way I feel daily and how my body is physically changing due to this disease.  I am growing more and more into depression because of all the symptoms combined.  My weight gain (my average weight used to be 108-112) has only intensified these symptoms and is causing other problems... lower back pain, etc.  People argue that I look fine, but I feel miserable and can't handle this much weight on my very small frame.  My question is... can I take Adipex safely to lose weight with the Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?  I wonder how long is it going to take for me to get at least a little bit of energy back, when will my calf muscles stop aching so badly, when will I be able to sleep the whole night without awakening due to hot flashes or cold sweats, when will my hair, skin and nails begin to look healthy again, when will I begin to lose the 25 pounds I have gained, when will the puffy/ swelling all over my body.  I could go on, but again, I want to know if I would be allowed to take Adipex to get back down to a comfy weight.
Thanks for your time and I look forward to an honest answer soon.