Thyroid Disorders Community
Help need new endo!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Help need new endo!

ok,  I went to my 3rd Endo today with your advice.  He just wants to watch me.  just like all the others.  I even printed out info from doctors that say don't just look at the TSH.   He said it is a scam!!!   he said all doctors diagnosis hypothyroidism by the TSH and if they do not then they should have their license pulled!   My TSH is normal at .94 but my FT4 is 0.90 and my FT3 is 232.   both at the low end.  my cortisol level is 6.  I did the stimulation test and it went from 6   to 18 after 30minutes to 20 after one hour.  so he said my adrenals are responding.  I have not eating anything white, no bread, pasta, rice, etc.  lots of veggies. for months and months.   about 1600 calories per day.  power walking 4-6 miles 4/5 days a week.  I am so tired I want to die!!!!!!   I have gained 31 pound and keep gaining.  my hair is so thin on top, no sex drive.  I do have PCOS and have an uterine Abaltion 3 months ago.  Does anyone know a good Endo who will listen to me and put me on some thyroid meds so I can live again?  I live in Central Florida.

thanks
Tags: help, endo, Thyroid, sex, Doctor, meds, PCOS
My new endo does not TREAT BY TSH!!! He believes in treating the frees and the hypo symptoms, AS ALL ENDOS SHOULD TREAT THEIR PATIENTS!

Have you had your antibodies (TGab and TPO tested)?

This is where I found my fourth and FINAL endo:
http://www.thyroid-info.com/topdrs/

:) Tamra
What state are you in?  
Texas, but the list I gave you lists doctors from all 50 states.
:) Tamra
How far are you willing to go? Try R. Mack Harrel M.D. Endo  in Ft Lauderdale Fla-6405 n Federal Hwy. Suite 404 Ft. Lauderdale Fl 33308. Websites BrowardHealth.org or Ftles.com- This one is really good. I am being treated by both of these Doctors and they are amazing!
Thank you very much.  I will look him up.  
could this possibly be some perimenopausal problems going on? Not sure about your age, but something to think about, as gland failure, usually goes hand in hand. And even if you are not perimeno age, there could still be some kind of hormonal problems, especially since you stated you have PCOS.
Who knows!  and yes I am at the age,  40.  but my estorial level was 57 and the doctor said that was fine.  According to all these doctors, I should feel healthy.  it is ok to have low ft4 and ft3 and low cortisol.  as long as you have a normal TSH everything is fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I guess I am just going crazy.  I just am giving up.  I can not do this anymore.  All of the doctors are the same.   at least here.  oh well!!!  
I am so glad I am online tonight!  I have the perfect dr. for you.  I live in Tampa and I am now going to Dr. Lisa Koche.  She compounds T3/T4 combo in a pharmacy and she is fabulous! I have been to 9 dr's before I found her.  She is a genius and also on the holistic side.  Her phone number is 813-319-0911.  She doesn't take insurance and it is very pricey, but she is worth it.  You can't put a price on feeling good!  I am also starting the Myers IV cocktail therapy this week that is supposed to make thyroid patients feel wonderful!  Please let me know if you have any questions about her.  I will be happy to answer anything.  She really understands thyroid levels and she also has Hasimoto herself so she has been through it herself.  I know she wouldn't care if I told you that:)
That is only a 45 minutes away.   maybe this is fate.  I was not going to go back on this site anymore.   maybe i will try this as a last resort!  let me know how the cocktail goes.  thank you , you may have saved me life!