Hereditary hyperthyroidism
Thirty two years ago, I had a son, he was always very energetic, skinny, behavior problems, ate a lot etc.  When he was 17 yrs old, his eyes bulged out so much that when he looked down at his plate at dinner, I thought they were going to fall out.  Yes, graves disease!  He had RI and now takes a thyroid supplement.  His grandmother (my mother in law) had overactive thyroid at some time in her life and her thyroid was taken out..
Now, my daughter has a son with all the same symptoms as my son had.  Sometimes he is very uncontrollable because of his energy.   He had blood work for his thyroid and then was told that they don’t have numbers to know what is normal for a child.  
I am reliving, the difficulties with my Grandson as I did with my son.  I firmly believe that this could be his thyroid but can’t prove it.  Could you tell me what the levels should be for a four yr old and if there is a special test that should be done to rule this out completely.  
Thanks much

Here is a link to a pretty comprehensive article on hyperthyroidism, including symptoms and recommended testing.  

http://thyroid.about.com/od/hyperthyroidismgraves/a/diagnosis.htm

If that does not cover it adequately for you there are members with direct experience with Grave's and Hyperthyroidism that I'm sure will comment further.