Heterogeneous Echotexture Thyroids
Hi my name is Crystal, I'm 23 years old and this past year i've been having diffrent sympthoms... ranging from anxiety attacks to weird headaches, and swelling of my hands. My doctor suggested that i get a sonogram done on my glands. This is the findings:
Both lobes and isthmus are midly enlarged with diffusely heterogeneous echotexture. The right lobe of the thyroid measure 5.8 x 1.6 x 1.5 cm and demonstates a solid nodule measuring 0.5 x 0.3 cm in the lower pole. The left lobe of the thyroid measures 5 x 1.1 x 1.8 cm and demonstates a complex nodule measuring 0.7 x 0.6 x 0.7cm in the mid pole. The isthmus measures 5 mm.

Now i have to get a scan. What does this mean?
The heterogeneous texture is evident in Hashiomoto's Thyroiditis so they'll probably draw blood to check for those antibodies.

I had the heterogeneous texture so my Endo was pretty sure it was Hashimoto's but no antibodies present in my blood sample.

I'm new to this and don't have nodules myself so I can't help with that, but I'm sure someone will pop in and provide you with some help understanding this.
898
The RAI Scan can determine if nodules are cold [not taking iodine]. Both nodules are too small for reliable biopsy so regardless of the outcome they will be monitored for growth especially the complex one.
If uptake will show patchy pattern this can support autoimmune thyroiditis, while low uptake can support sub acute [transient] thyroiditis.