Thyroid Disorders Community
Heterogeneous Echotexture Thyroids
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heterogeneous Echotexture Thyroids

Hi my name is Crystal, I'm 23 years old and this past year i've been having diffrent sympthoms... ranging from anxiety attacks to weird headaches, and swelling of my hands. My doctor suggested that i get a sonogram done on my glands. This is the findings:
Both lobes and isthmus are midly enlarged with diffusely heterogeneous echotexture. The right lobe of the thyroid measure 5.8 x 1.6 x 1.5 cm and demonstates a solid nodule measuring 0.5 x 0.3 cm in the lower pole. The left lobe of the thyroid measures 5 x 1.1 x 1.8 cm and demonstates a complex nodule measuring 0.7 x 0.6 x 0.7cm in the mid pole. The isthmus measures 5 mm.

Now i have to get a scan. What does this mean?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
698356_tn?1240154327
The heterogeneous texture is evident in Hashiomoto's Thyroiditis so they'll probably draw blood to check for those antibodies.

I had the heterogeneous texture so my Endo was pretty sure it was Hashimoto's but no antibodies present in my blood sample.

I'm new to this and don't have nodules myself so I can't help with that, but I'm sure someone will pop in and provide you with some help understanding this.
Blank
The RAI Scan can determine if nodules are cold [not taking iodine]. Both nodules are too small for reliable biopsy so regardless of the outcome they will be monitored for growth especially the complex one.
If uptake will show patchy pattern this can support autoimmune thyroiditis, while low uptake can support sub acute [transient] thyroiditis.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...