Thyroid Disorders Community
High Anti Body test result Thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

High Anti Body test result Thyroid

Good day, my test relusts as follows:
TG Anitbody 4.85 (ref: 0.31 - 4.11)
TPO Antibody 691.51 (ref: 0.16 - 5.61
What does this mean?  I do have an doc appointment next week.
Please give me an indication of what this mean.
Liezel
Both your TPOab and TGab are elevated, which indicates that you could have Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  That's an autoimmune disease and the most prevalent cause of hypothyroidism in the developed world.  

Have you had other thyroid tests as well?  FT3, FT4 and TSH?

How do you feel?
Avatar n tn
S-TSH 8.29 (ref: 0.27-4.20)
FT3 4.7 (ref: 2.6-5.7)
FT4 12.8 (ref: 10.16-22.00)

I feel tired and have irregular cycles, forget a lot (ha ha)
Your TSH is high, which can indicate hypo.  Also, your FT4 is on the low side.  It's in the bottom quarter of the range, and midrange is the rule of thumb for FT4.  However, especially considering your low FT4, your FT3 is right in the target range...upper third of range.  

In the initial stages, Hashi's, which is ultimately hypOthyroidism, can be characterized by swings from hypo to hyper.  

So, your antibody levels indicate Hashi's.  Both your FT4 and TSH look hypo.  However, your FT3 is quite high, especially relative to your FT4.  I'm a little worried what adding thyroid meds would do to your FT3 levels.  

Have you talked to your doctor about these?  What is he suggesting?  Are these your first thyroid tests (any others for comparison and seeing if a trend is developing)?  Have you had any of the vitamin and mineral levels tested (deficiencies in some of those can mimic thyroid symptoms)?  Vitamin D, iron and ferritin, B-12 and selenium can all impact how our bodies use thyroid hormone.  

Do you feel tired despite a good night's sleep or because of insomnia?  How's your heart rate and BP?  Diarrhea or constipation?  Weight gain or loss?  
Avatar n tn
i am only seeing the specialist on Monday. I experience also constipation a lot.  I gain weight and feel tired after a good nights sleep.  I have been feeling this way for years and am not sure what is "normal" anymore.  I will inform you once i have been at the doctor on Monday.