High TSH after Thyroidectomy
In 2005 I had a complete thyroidectomy due to precancerous tissue throughout the thyroid.  Although they removed the entire thyroid, they left the parathyroid in.  I have been on a regulated dose of Levoxyl since 2005.  Now my blood work came back with a TSH of 29.  Any ideas what may cause such a spike since I have been regulated for so very long?  I have been taking my medicine correctly every day.  I gained a lot of weight, 30lbs in two months, frequent bouts of crying, hair loss, dry skin, night sweats, exhausted all the time and loss of concentration and focus.  My menstrual cycles have ceased during this time and I am very intollerant to heat.  

Does anyone know what causes the numbers to just spike?  Could a physical attribute cause elevated numbers?  I have a history of cancer, Hodgkin's Disease and my sister died from Ovarian Cancer.  Is there any thought on illnesses such as cancer causing in elevation in the numbers?

Thanks for any input.
No, cancer would not cause it, probably more like aging/hormonal changes.  The only test for cancer post-thyroidectomy is a thyrogen test, they inject you with thyrogen then test for a spike in your thyroglobulin. How old are you?  Could you have low hormones due to aging?  Sometimes they have to adjust your meds due to normal aging changes.  If you are concerned about cancer, you can ask for a thyrogen test.
I am 45.  If the thyroid is removed, what cancer would the thyrogen test detect?  Thank you so very much for the information and your time and consideration in responding.