Thyroid Disorders Community
High TSH after Thyroidectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High TSH after Thyroidectomy

In 2005 I had a complete thyroidectomy due to precancerous tissue throughout the thyroid.  Although they removed the entire thyroid, they left the parathyroid in.  I have been on a regulated dose of Levoxyl since 2005.  Now my blood work came back with a TSH of 29.  Any ideas what may cause such a spike since I have been regulated for so very long?  I have been taking my medicine correctly every day.  I gained a lot of weight, 30lbs in two months, frequent bouts of crying, hair loss, dry skin, night sweats, exhausted all the time and loss of concentration and focus.  My menstrual cycles have ceased during this time and I am very intollerant to heat.  

Does anyone know what causes the numbers to just spike?  Could a physical attribute cause elevated numbers?  I have a history of cancer, Hodgkin's Disease and my sister died from Ovarian Cancer.  Is there any thought on illnesses such as cancer causing in elevation in the numbers?

Thanks for any input.
Tags: High TSH