High TSH in infant
My newborn's blood test came back showing a TSH level of 10.7. I live in Japan and though I speak the language some of the technical language is over my head. From my researches on the net this seems to be high. He feeds well, and shows none of the other symptoms except sleepiness. A second test is being performed as I believe is routine, but some clarification would be much appreciated
If your baby's test came back high and this is confirmed by a repeat test, it mean that his thyroid is not working properly (there is a form of congenital hypothyroid). It is relatively common which is why they test for it with newborn screening.  It will be very important that your baby is given thyroid hormones the dosage will be adjusted throughout his life.

With proper treatment (thyroid hormones) he will be completely normal.  Without these hormones he will have developmental delays and if the lack of hormones is severe it can result in severe mental retardation.  

However, with treatment, he will be completely normal!  Therefore important to confimr and start treatment early.

He will have been getting your thyroid hormones before he was born.  The hormones have a half life of several weeks, so it takes some time before there is no hormones left and his TSH would probably keep rising without treatment. And hs symptoms would get progressively worse.

You can look up congenital hypothyroid for more info and treatment guidelines.

Let us know how you go.