Thyroid Disorders Community
High TSH related to low neutrophils? Vitamin D deficiency?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I've been dealing with major issues related to fatigue, joint pain, mouth sores, etc for at least 8 years.  Three years ago my ANA was 1:1280 but all other blood work was normal (despite extreme fatigue, etc.)  I was referred to a Rheumatologist who said I had undifferentiated connective tissue disease, he tried me on Plaquenil but it didn't really help so he took me off of it and then told me to see a psychologist.  My ANA was checked again and it was 1:320.  After a year of this kind of "it's all in your head" treatment, I gave up on going to the doctor.  Two years later my fatigue is worse than ever, I constantly feel like I'm in a fog and find it very difficult to concentrate.  I decided to go to a new doctor, and had a bunch of blood work done last week. The following results were abnormal:  TSH: 9.08 (.45-4.5), Vitamin D: 22.4 (32-100), Neutrophils: 34 (40-74), Absolute Neutrophils: 1.4 (1.8-7.8), Lymphs: 48 (14-46).  My overall WBC is 4.1 (4.0-10.5). A complete ANA panel was pulled with all results <.2 except for Antichromatin Antibodies: .8 (.0-.9).  I did have a slightly low Vitamin D result 2 years ago and my TSH has been on the high side 2 times over the past 4-5 years but never higher than 6.3, since it always fluctuated back to normal the doctors didn't think it was an issue.  I am 37 years old, and if anything, I'm more underweight than overweight which seems to be opposite for hypothyroidism.  I currently don't feel sick and I don't have a fever, I'm just very tired (sleeping 12-15 hours per night and still struggling to get out of bed) and unable to focus on anything.  I have a follow up with my Primary Care doc as well as my Rheumatologist in a couple of weeks.  I realize that these results can cause many things, but given the combination, I was wondering if you could lend some insight.
Fatigue and sleeping more than normal is a symptom of Hypo, I am Hytpo with Hashi's and had the similar syptoms (symptoms) except , including the high TSH and the muscle aches and spasms, I was informed here that many thyroid sufferers have a Vitamin D Deficiency and low Magnesium, I followed advice and started taking 1200 units of Vit. D a day and 450 mg of Magnesium, within 5 to six days my muscle problems stopped, You should see an Endocrinologist that is experienced with thyroid disorders, your Concentration and memory are definate signs or symptoms of Hypothyroidism, We call it "Brain Fog" and just about everyone here has had this symptom. See if you can get your complete lab results because TSH is only a rule of thumb and does not show your thyroid production like Free T3 and Free T4, FT3 is the actual hormone level in you body. Post the results here and members can comment and help with infomation based on the experience they had or have. Good Luck FTB4
I recently was DX'd severely low Vit D with  9 as my blood draw (32-100 normal).  I am not on strong supplements and doing fine.  Was 100,000 iu's for the first 6 weeks and now down to only 50,000 iu's per week.

C~
I know this is an old question, but you sound just like me.  I suffered from chronic fatigue for years and years.  (Along with other symptoms.)  I also have low Vitamin D. But increasing D did not resolve my symptoms at all.  (Not saying you shouldn't fix that, but just that it was not the cause of my symptoms.)  I went to several doctors and psychologists over the years.  I finally found a fix:  ADD.  You do not say if you are male or female--if you are female, the symptoms of ADD are different than what you typically experience with males.  I started Focalin and the brain fog went away, I had energy and focus--for the first time in my life!  Here's a link to ADD in females: http://www.additudemag.com/additude/article/740.html

Let us know how you're doing!