Thyroid Disorders Community
High Thryoid Antibodies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

High Thryoid Antibodies

I've been experiencing hypothyroid over the last few months; tired, leg swelling, weight gain..etc. I have also developed a prominent goiter that seems to be getting bigger as time goes by. I recently saw an endrocrinologist after my TSH levels came back normal at 3.02 (0.5-5.0) and i asked for a referral, since my sisters has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism for the last 10 years. He ordered for a ultrasound and free t4 test and a Thyroperoxidase Ab test. I just got the results and free t4 is 17 (11-22) and my Thyroperoxidase Ab results high at 107 (<35). I was wondering what this indicates?
Your labs indicate Hashimoto's thyroiditis (most common cause of hypothyroidism in the developed world). Research has shown anyone with a TSH above 2 mU/L is likely to be in the early stages of hypothyroidism.