Thyroid Disorders Community
High Thyroglobulin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

High Thyroglobulin

My endocronologist just did some blood work and everything is in range except that my Thyroglobulin AB was 1301 and the normal range is <20 IU/ml.

What does this mean. It seems ridicously high.

What did your doctor say about this high number?  I don't think it is good.  When mine was above 200 before my thyroidectomy the doctor strongly felt that I had cancer.  Im not sure if thyroglobulin and thyroglobulin AB is the same.  I would ask your doctor what the high number could mean!

Good luck!
Avatar n tn
I am waiting for my doc to call and I am so scared. All my results are normal but this is really is scaring me
It probably means you have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, although this is just an educated guess at this point.  That's what I've got and my TGab is ">3000".  You know your in trouble when they stop counting and just throw in the ">"!  It's an indication of the speed at which your thyroid is being attacked by the antibodoes.  Don't panic.  Hashi's is the most common cause of hypothyroidiism in the States.

Do you have TSH, free T3 and free T4 to post along with their ranges?